We provide consulting and technical services to strengthen the business and development capacity of non-profit organizations, for-profit developers, entrepreneurs, and governmental entities.
- Consulting: We provide hourly and contract consulting services to non-profit, for profit and governmental organizations in the preparation of grant applications, funding applications, development budgets, operating pro formas, underwriting, site selection, and program and organizational assessments.
- Training: We provide fee-based training to non-profit organizations and for profit businesses to facilitate the financing and development of affordable housing, healthy food retail outlets, community facilities, and community businesses.
- Program Services: SCCLF provides contract services to local municipalities to facilitate the implementation of housing and community development program goals and objectives.
For more information on our services download our Technical Assistance Flyer.
SCCLF provides a variety of free workshops to help increase capacity of organizations throughout the state. Click here for a list of upcoming events.
- Loan Application Workshops: We hold multiple loan application workshops each year throughout the state. These workshops provide an introduction to SCCLF’s policies and application package.
- Housing Development 101: Housing Development 101 is designed for people who are interested in learning about affordable housing development. The workshop teaches the basics for new construction and rehab for rental or homeownership projects, creating budgets, working with contractors, financing, and property management.
- NMTC Workshops: The NMTC workshop provides an overview of the NMTC program with examples of NMTC financed projects both in and outside South Carolina.
Interested in having us conduct a workshop for your team? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
In addition to offering technical assistance services and one-day workshops, SCCLF hosts an eight-week entrepreneurial training program in communities across the state. Feeding Innovation is a comprehensive technical assistance program designed to support entrepreneurs interested in developing or expanding healthy food businesses in food deserts or underserved areas of South Carolina.
Learn more about Feeding Innovation here.